Saturday, January 16, 2016

Short Review of Miss World and Miss Universe 2015


Have been quite busy these two months that I did not have time to cover both the Miss Universe and Miss World pageant. So before I dealt with my first review of MCI, I would make a brief recap of the two most anticipated pageants of the world.

Since Miss World is not broadcast live on the Internet, I had to rely on a Chinese blog to keep myself updated of the final. I was thrilled that Lebanon made it to the top in the interview but yet I am extremely nervous that what happened to France would happen to Valarie this year. Luckily, they changed the scoring system this year by making interview having more substantive marks, Valarie managed to make it to the Top 5. Once in the top 5, I thought that it would be a battle between Lebanon and Russia, who is very strong in the Fast-tracks events and seems to be a strong and deserving candidate. Right before they announced the winner, my internet crashed and I am damn sure that Lebanon would emerged as the winner.... After 5 minutes, when i saw a pic with Spain wearing the crown... i was so shocked that i actually feel so bad for Lebanon. Spain seemed to be the weakest Miss World since 2010.. and yes .. even worse than Alexandria Mills as I find Alexandria quite appealing. I am definitely sure that the Miss World's winning streak in Global Beauties Miss Grand Slam would be broken unfortunately... very sad..
I think this is one of her better candid.
After watching the telecast, I must say, it seems that the organisation loves Miss Spain.. this can be seen in her Top 5 interview video. The video reli shows the genuine side of her.. while for Lebanon.. the video only shows her having fun.. having parties with the other candidates BUT fails to show the fact that she is a loving person as well especially knowing that she was inspired by her sister, who was injured in a car accident, to take part in Miss Lebanon and Miss World. It was a bit unfair.
Lebanon and Russia does shine the brightest in the Top 5.

BUT what is done is done and nobody can do anything about it. I am happy that Lebanon has been such a great game-player by keeping a positive outlook and a bright smile even though she could have been the more derserving winner.

Talking about Miss Spain Mieria Lalaguna Rozo. To be fair, I could see the appeal in her.. but her styling for the finals was just off. There is no denying that she looked gorgeous in the Top Model Competition, even more gorgeous than Lebanon. Her make-up and hair-style for the final made her look old. Alongside Miss Venezuela, Miss Austria and Miss France, to name a few, I believe Miss Spain has the model vibe and the most delicate features. If she would need to prove her critics wrong, she would need to make sure she has an appropriate styling.. i.e. fresh, model looking make-up and hair. Her beauty is actually self-evident in her recent photoshoot for a Spanish magazine. She looks extremely gorgeous in here and looks like a blonde goddess. If she keeps this up, I would not mind her win.
Miss World Mireia Lalaguna appears in Hola Magazine, January 2016
Gorgeous Miss World 
Miss World Mireia Lalaguna appears in Hola Magazine, January 2016
Regarding Miss Universe, I must say the production is much better than Miss World! The stage, the energy.. Miss World definitely needa step up a notch. But even a greater production cannot be a reason to forgive the wrong announcement of the winner!! Oh my god!! I feel so bad for Miss Columbia and I would actually like to see her as the new Miss Universe rather than Philippines. Her evening gown looked was superb and it fitted her like a glove. Philippines no doubt should be on top due to her strong question and answer portion and a strong performance. Although, I would reli like it if Miss France is in the top 3 instead of Philippines. I find Miss France more appealing.

This has to be one of the strongest years for Miss Universe. Apart from Japan and Indonesia, the rest of the Top 15 were all gorgeous. I am saddened by the fact that Miss Georgia, Miss Italy, Miss India, Miss Poland and Miss Vietnam failed to make it to the top 15 but I am pleasantly happy that they decided to let Miss Belgium and Miss South Africa advance. I am a bit sad that Belgium and Brazil did not advance to the top 10 as they are stunning and fit. For the evening gown portion, I think the strongest were are USA, Columbia, Dominion Republic and France. Miss Philippines and Miss Australia were also strong. Japan just looked out of place completely here with that hideous design.
Goddess Miss USA 
The Shimmering Miss Columbia
The results of Miss Universe is within expectation as although I do not reli find Philippines the best, she definitely deserved the placement as she worked hard for it and is extremely well-spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment