Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Miss Chinese International 2017 (Results)

The production is year is really one of the best since 2013. It really does help that the stage is huge this year, making more room for the girls to cat-walk and perform which is a must for beauty pageant in my opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised by the results but I'm happy about it. I have always felt that Stitch is a strong delegate as I think she reminds me of Catherine Hui, her predecessor in MCI 2014. However, she reli frizzled alot during the exhausting competition and she has been looking so bad in photos prior the finals.


Review of the contestants
Before I write about my review, may I say Jennifer Coosemans looks so gorgeous and stunning. Definitely the best MCI in years.



The Rest
16) Maria Rincon - Vancouver
I am in complete shock that Maria did not make it to the top 10. Based on beauty alone, she should have propelled up to the top 5. I guess we could just blame that she has a bad interview with the judges. However Real Shock!!!

8) Gloria Rong - Melbourne
I am also abit surprised that Gloria did not make it to the top 10. Maybe she comes off as a bit too forced at times.

Top 10
Basically I think everyone of them has a decent performance especially the ones who got into the top 5 plus Bangkok (as always) and Fushan (who fell short in the interview portion). I would think that the weakest among the Top 10 would be San Francisco and Toronto, who should have definitely be replaced by Vancouver or Melbourne or even LA.

Honourable Mentions
2) Gam Wonglappanich - Bangkok
I think she looks gorgeous throughout the night especially the swimsuit portion (where she also has an alright interview) and the national costume parade. Based on these two sessions alone, she should have made it to the top 5.


If I were the judge for Top 10:
2) Bangkok
3) Hong Kong
5) KL
7) Manila
8) Melbourne
9) Fushan
10) Montreal
11) New York
14) Sydney
16) Vancouver

Top 5
I agree with the judge's choices. I am happy about New York and Montreal's inclusion although this means more beautiful girls such as Bangkok or Fushan made way for her inclusion. For New York, I guess it is because of her eloquence and young aura.

If I were the judge for Top 5:
2) Bangkok
3) Hong Kong
4) KL
11) New York
14) Sydney

10) Alice Zhang - Montreal - Top 5
As mentioned, Alice is looking fresh and energetic. She seems to be a really nice and pleasant girl with a bubbly personality which the judges really like, giving her an edge over stunner such as Bangkok. Her talent is sadly one of the weaker ones among the Top 5 and therefore this is the furthest she can go.


14) Emily Yu - Sydney - Top 5
Gorgeous as always. Emily managed to look her best during the final night and has one of the best answers for the swimsuit portion. I really thought she is able to make it to the Top 3 as she has a decent talent performance. However, the judges decided to make way for New York (due to her exceptional talent) and HK.


Top 3
3) Crystal Fung - Hong Kong - 2nd Runner-up
I'm really surprised by her performance. Not only is she looking her best throughout the night, she also managed to be very confident and eloquent, much better than Louisa Mak last year. Everything seems to be in place for her to crack into the Top 3 until the talent came. Her magic performance is completely not up to bar with KL, New York, Sydney or even Montreal. Crystal is lucky that she is able to make it to the 2nd Runner-up as this is the furthest she can go based on her talent. A reason might have to be Montreal and Sydney's talent not being too extraordinary. Therefore, Crystal managed to sneak in front of them when the average score is calculated.


5) Serene Lim - KL - 1st Runner-up
Despite not liking her in my initial reviews, I find her extremely pretty throughout the night. I think she is more telegenic than photogenic. Coupled with quite a watchable talent (which much better than all her predecessors), I really thought she is able to bag the crown home. Never did I know that talent counts so much towards the final result.


11) Stitch Yu - New York City - Champion
Stitch seems to have the youthful and bubbly personality the judges like. She is also tall and lean. Thus, propelling her up to the Top 5. Throughout the night, she has made several pretty appearances. However, what made her seal the deal is her extraordinary talent. Whoever watched her talent would definitely agree that her talent is reli challenging and unique. What I could not have imagined is that her talent would be so strong that she could eventually win the title. I am pleasantly surprised and I am happy about the result as Stitch has a cute look (most of the time when she is looking her best) and she has a great personality. On a side note, I think Stitch looks abit like MCI 1995 from Taipei.

New York City has been really strong these years starting from Jasmine Hayter (2012 - top 10), Maggie Zhang (2014 - top 5), Catherine Hui (2015 - 2nd Runner-up) and Amy Chen (2016 - 1st Runner-up). Keep up the good work New York!




MCI 1995 (Centre) from Taipei

If I were the judge (Top 3):
14) Emily Yu - Sydney - 2nd Runner-up
11) Stitch Yu - New York City - 1st Runner-up
5) Serene Lim - KL - Champion

I would have placed Sydney in the Top 3 instead as overall, including talent, I think she is stronger than HK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment