Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Miss Chinese International 2017 (Pre-Arrivals)

 


It's the time of the year in which chinese beauties from all over the globe (at least some parts of the globe) would fly to HK to compete in the Miss Chinese International Pageant. This year.. with somewhat of a pleasant, the pageant will be mainly held in Malaysia. Hopefully this would mean that TVB is putting more emphasis on the show and showcasting the girls' further potential. 

In additional to the change in location, lucky for TVB, the quality of contestants this years seems to be quite high as well, continuing the streak from last year. Based on the contestants that I know are competiting for sure, the following are those I think would shine throughout the competition:

Chanya Wonglabpanich 汪雅妮 (Bangkok)
Bangkok has always been strong in this pageant. I think one of the reasons is coz the girls are trained by the Miss World Thailand organisation which prepares their winners reli well. In fact, the winner this year went all the way to the top 20 in Miss World last month.

This year is no exception. Chanya is tall and cute. Even though she may not look stunning in every shot, she is going to be up there just based on looks alone. She would need to work on her talent and communication skills if she wanna crack into the top 3 (which would seems quite challenging this year).

Crystal Fung 馮盈盈 (Hong Kong)
I am actually a fan of Crystal as Miss Hong Kong progresses this year and I have her as my winner. Personally I think she is prettier than Tiffany Lau, the 1st Runner-up, as I think there's a more Chinese look to Crystal. I think Crystal is extremely pretty. However, she can look pretty inconsistent (especially with TVB's problematic make-up team.. she looks prettier when she puts on her own make-up and darken her light brows). Another thing about Crystal is that.. although I am a huge fan of her.. there's no denying that she just does not have that champion's aura at times.. which might be a challenge for her when competing in MCI. I see her reaching the top 3 at most.. but realistically, I think she would need to settle for a top 5 or a top 10 (just like Louisa last year).. PS i think she is much more prettier than Louisa lookwise.

Serene Lim 劉萱逸(KL)
KL is back this year with a strong delegate after last year's unplacement. This year's delegate has that girl-next-door look which should probably work well with the judges and the audience coupled with hometown advantage, a top three placement is in the bag.

Gloria Rong 戎 瑀 (Melbourne)
I have no idea how to pronounce her name. She gives me a really strong mainland and aggressive vibe but there is no denying that she is a pretty girl who should probably place in the top 10 at the very least.

Emily Yu 于欣卉 (Sydney)
Stunner! She is simply gorgeous with such perfect white skin. I would crown her now if I were the judge. We need to see more about her though.. but at the very moment, she seems to be a crown contender. Good job Sydney! It seems that the Australia pageant is doing a great job.. they manage to send two strong contenders every year.

Maria Rincon王思思 (Vancouver)
Another strong contender (mixed) contender for Vancouver. However, it would be a much uphill battle for Maria as facially she is not as stunning as Jennifer Coosemans and she is not so tall as her. She should aim for a top 3 placement but realistically she might have to settle for a top 5. She has a perfect look for a TV actress though.

My Predictions (What I want to happen)
Champion: Sydney
1st Runner-up: Vancouver 
2nd Runner-up: Hong Kong
Top 5: KL, anyone (perhaps Bangkok)

My Predictions (What I think will happen)
Champion: Sydney/KL
1st Runner-up: KL/Sydney
2nd Runner-up: Vancouver
Top 5: Hong Kong, Bangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment